Services and Processes Related to Foreign Employment
Froeign study processes include meeting the labor demands of Turkish and foreign companies for positions abroad; performing the processes of job-seekers who apply for employment abroad; giving permission for job postings to be made for meeting their labor demands, processes of private employment agencies related to regulation of foreign employment services; regulation and approval of foreign service contracts; and passport procedures of employees and their families.
1 - Principles Related to Foreign Employment Services
- Works and procedures abroad are conducted by provincial/branch directorates unless otherwise specified.
- Registration, labor demands, selection, invitation, and dispatching services are conducted in accordance with the domestic procedures part of the Manual of Procedures unless otherwise specified.
- It is compulsory for companies to sign the foreign service contract via provincial/branch directorates or private employment agencies or between the employees directly supplied and the representative assigned by them, a copy of which is prepared by the Agency, and have the contract attested by provincial/branch directorates.
- Before service contracts are attested, Turkish companies are obliged to submit to provincial/branch directorates the document stating that the employees are provided with social security.
- In order for foreign labor demands made to the Agency to be met, provincial/branch directorates are authorized to take necessary precautions as long as they do not violate the principles specified in the regulation.
- A file is opened for each company that applies for process in provincial/branch directorates.
Foreign Labor DemandsCompanies apply directly to provincial/branch directorates to meet their labor demands from Agency’s records or taking their own employees to the jobs they get from abroad, and have their contracts attested.
Documents to be Submitted by Companies
The companies have to submit the documents specified below to provincial/branch directorates for meeting labor demand or permission for job postings.
Documents to be Requested from Turkish Companies
- A copy of Commercial registry gazette (for once)
- A letter or certificate of job receipt from our foreign representative’s office in the country that the job is taken or from an authorized public agency in our country for contracting jobs.
- For the jobs other than contracting jobs, a letter from our foreign representative specifying the number of employees to be employed or the original Assent Document or a fax sent by our foreign representative’s office.
- Certificate for Contracting Abroad or Certificate for Temporary Contracting Abroad (This certificate is not required for Iraq from the countries determined by the General Directorate) to be obtained from the Ministry of Public Works and Settlement Construction, establishment, maintenance, repair jobs; business administration, management, maintenance and sustainment jobs; project, engineering, consultancy jobs.
- A document stating that the companies provide social security to employees in accordance with the social security regulations in force.
- Signatory circulars of company authorities as attested by notary public, letter of attorney or the original certificate of authority or its copy to be attested by the Agency upon the original being seen (for once) in case the procedures are to be conducted by a representative. Permission for Foreign Worker Importation – Şerut Ha Taassuka issued by Israel General Directorate of Employment and attested by the Ministry of Internal Affairs (Only for companies in Israel)
Documents Requested from Foreign Companies
- Copy of company’s articles of incorporation as attested by our foreign representative’s office or its translation to Turkish made by a certified translation agency (for once)
- A letter or certificate of job receipt from our foreign representative’s office in the country that the job is taken or from an authorized public agency in our country for contracting jobs. For the jobs other than contracting jobs, a letter from our foreign representative specifying the number of employees to be employed or the original Assent Document or a fax sent by our foreign representative’s office.
- Contractor Employment License issued by Israel Association of Contractors and Constructors (only for companies getting a job from Israel)
- Letter of Attorney – Ipuy Koah issued by the Israeli company for importing employee from Turkey (Only from companies getting jobs in Israel)
3 - Granting Job Posting Permission for Labor Demands
- Companies that have submitted the documents indicated in 3.7.1 (Except the document related to provision of social security) and 3.7.2, and the text of the job posting to be published are granted job posting permission by provincial/branch directorates to let them meet their labor needs by newspapers, the Internet or similar media. However, the job posting includes information on the provincial/branch office that granted the permission, and date and number of the permission are indicated.
- On the other hand, in case a contract related to the job taken abroad is not signed yet, and submission of a document (such as correspondence between the contractor and the employee) stating that the job is taken to the provincial/branch directorate, necessary evaluations are made by the provincial/branch directorate, and a permission for job listing may be granted for recruitment of a person for managerial position as a preparation for the job taken.
- The companies have to apply to provincial/branch directorates with a copy of the job listing, and, the Turkish text should be provided, as well, if the job listing is to be published in a foreign language.
- Duration of the job listing permission to be granted cannot be longer than the duration of the job. Multiple job listings can be posted as long as they are about the same job and the text is the same as the text of the permission granted.
- In case of differences between the text of the published job listing and the text they submit to provincial/branch directorates, the company is asked to have the job listing re-posted, and another job listing is not permitted in case of a repeated incoherence.